KIP-SPIKEY-USERS Archives

2015

KIP-SPIKEY-USERS@LISTSERV.UNI-HEIDELBERG.DE

From:
Thomas Pfeil <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Spikey neuromorphic system - User <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 2015 15:13:56 +0100
Dear Björn & Frank,

sorry, I was very busy these days.

Regarding 2 and 3)
As you pointed out I could confirm that EPSPs will be 150% the size,
if the input of the static synapse arrives 5ms compared to 10ms before
the input of the plastic synapse.
To this end, I set the firing threshold high (0mV) to prevent spiking
and averaged the difference of the maximum and minimum membrane
potential.
I checked the configuration of the chip, the configurations are
identical for both cases. As expected, in the raw configuration data
the only difference is the time stamp of the first input spike.
This suggests that we see an effect caused by analog electronics.

To get more insights, I would like to recommend the following steps.
As noted above turn off spiking and compare the height of EPSPs for
different timings of input spikes:
1) is this behavior affected by the interval between the input spikes
-> plot the relative difference of EPSP sizes over the timing of the
first spike
2) is this behavior affected by the absolute timing of the input
spikes -> plot the relative difference of EPSP sizes over the timing
of the first spike (while keeping the interval to the second spike
constant)
3) is this behavior affected by the type of synapses -> replace the
plastic synapse by a static one

Regarding 4)
The larger the value passed to setIcb, the shorter the refractory
period. If not required for the functionality of your network, please
use the standard value (but not calling this function).
As Eric pointed out autoSTDPFrequency controls the frequency of weight
updates. If not configured manually by this function the maximal
frequency is used.

Kind regards,

Thomas

P.S. consider looping experiments inside slurm jobs to improve the
performance of your scripts