From:
Roozbeh Pournader <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 11:02:58 +0330
On Sun, 11 Feb 2001, Frank Mittelbach wrote:

> Anway, here we are now (still before midnight) ...

I was found sleeping on my desk last night. I remember 2:30am, but your
message in the mailbox has not been marked answered, I don't remember
anything...

>  > What happens if for some reason
>  > I like cyrillic times and latin palatino?
>
> first of all that needs to be specifiable and that is an interesting problem
> in itself (though solvable in a decent way). it is not quite clear which
> atributes should be modified from language then. i guess the right approach is
> to consider all commands that are described on p173 of the LaTeX Companion (eg
> \famildefault ... \updefault) as language dependent commands but it is kind of
> tricky to find the right level for specification and behaviour

Please note that with different scripts, we have different font
classifications also. I'm not sure if the NFSS model is suitable for
scripts other than Latin, Cyrillic, and Greek (ok, there are some others
here, like Armenian). At least I should do some changes to the model to
adapt to Persian. And this situation, when you want different font
families for different scripts, is always the case with Persian. We don't
have anything named Times, or Helvetica, etc. We have our own families,
which usually doesn't fit in the model.

--roozbeh