Sender:
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2008 22:52:07 +0100
From:
David Kastrup writes:

 > >  > What is your take?  I find it clearly unsatisfactory to have LaTeX
 > >  > eat up save stack for newly defined labels like that at the end of
 > >  > the document.
 > >
 > > well, you seem to be the first person getting into trouble with this,
 >
 > I doubt it.  From ltxref.dtx:

on labels I meant, but I was more or less joking, yes this isn't something
that should stay, no question

 > So obviously somebody ran into this problem before.  But only half of it
 > got fixed.

yes I think I remember that one ...  huge bibliographies being processed

 > > I don't really mind either of the three solutions (provided none of the
 > > kills the regression tests for 2e) but personally I would simply drop the
 > > group unless somebody can give me a good reason why it could be needed in
 > > a certain situation.
 >
 > For restoring \@newl@bel's definition afterwards.  Don't ask me why it
 > could be needed.

it could not could it? a) where? in a final OR? and b) to what purpose with
auxfiles closed.

I mean yes, that would be one of those things that would be different but I'm
not even prepared to call that a sideeffect unless somebody shows me an
existing application