From:
Joseph Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2012 20:58:28 +0000
On 04/11/2012 17:59, Joseph Wright wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> As I suggested a few weeks ago, I'm keen to formalise to some extent how
> LaTeX3 code-level module prefixes are managed. My suggestion was a
> simple flat-file list containing the information, and I have made a
> start on such a list for team material at
> https://github.com/latex3/svn-mirror/blob/master/l3kernel/l3prefixes.csv. Note
> that at this stage the list covers only prefixes that are in use in code
> which the team sends to CTAN.
>
> The next stage is to ask for the same information from people using
> expl3 in release code. To do that, we have set up a separate e-mail address

> to which requests to register a module should be sent.

[snip]

> Obviously, this is a new process and there may be some adjustments
> needed over time.

We have received the first couple of registration e-mails, and these
have of course raised the first few areas we need to clarify :-)

The first is on scope. For the avoidance of doubt, the idea is to
register expl3 prefixes, i.e. the 'foo' in

  \foo_my_function:Nn
  \l_foo_my_tl

and *not* anything of the \foo@my@tex@style@macro form (i.e. not to try
to register 'pure' LaTeX2e packages).

Secondly, the register includes an e-mail field: the register is
publicly-viewable and so any e-mail address supplied for inclusion will be.