From:
Jonathan Fine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Sep 2023 20:23:04 +0100
Hi

Aside: I very much hope that some members of the LaTeX Project will use
this meeting as an opportunity to talk with Jonathan Godfrey about the
arXiv accessibility project. I believe that by working together we can make
things better.

The first TeX Hour after the 2023 northern summer holiday will be on
Thursday 7 September, 6:30 to 7:30pm, BST (British Summer Time). All are
welcome. We are fortunate to have Jonathan Godfrey as a special guest.

TeX Hour: Thursday 7 September, 6:30 to 7:30pm BST
Zoom URL:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/78551255396?pwd=cHdJN0pTTXRlRCtSd1lCTHpuWmNIUT09
Last month Jonathan Godfrey travelled from New Zealand to the UK, to attend
the 2023 R Project Sprint in person. He's still in the UK. He was kind
enough to invite me to meet with him after the sprint. Last Sunday I met
him at the University of Warwick, and we had several hours getting to know
each other better, and discussing matters such as:

   - The importance of community
   - The R Journal moving to HTML
   - Creating HTML from the LaTeX source for R documentation
   - The arXiv accessibility initiative
   - For R, a browser-based REPL (read print eval loop)

At Thursday's TeX Hour Jonathan G and I will review and continue our
conversation, and you are invited to listen and also join in if you wish.
I'm looking forward to this.

In case you didn't know, Jonathan G is a blind senior lecturer in
Statistics at Massey University, New Zealand. He's also a proficient R
user, who prepares teaching materials using R-Markdown.

URLs:
2023 R Project Sprint:
https://contributor.r-project.org/r-project-sprint-2023/
Jonathan Godfrey: